Couples Fight Management. How To Identify and Manage Personal Anger with Carlos Todd
This is a great program if you work with clients, peers or have associates. We all experience anger and those who can manage it are better able to practice non-violent communication and engage and educate others.
Join Carlos Todd for this 60 minute webinar on Anger Management between Couples.
Benjamin Franklin once said, “In this world, nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.” We would like to add a third item to his list: anger. Anger can be an incredibly damaging force, costing people their jobs, personal relationships, and even their lives when it gets out of hand. However, since everyone experiences anger, it is important to have constructive approaches to manage it effectively.
This workshop will help teach participants how to identify their anger triggers and what to do when their angry.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand anger dynamics in terms of the anger cycle and the fight or flight theory.
- Know common anger myths and their factual refutations.
- Know the helpful and unhelpful ways of dealing with anger.
- Know techniques in controlling anger, particular reading anger warning signs, using coping thoughts, exercising relaxation techniques and blowing off steam.
- Understand the difference between objective and subjective language.
- Know tips in identifying the problem.
- Express a feeling or position using I-messages.
- Know skills and techniques in making a disagreement constructive, including effective negotiation and solution-building.
- Reflect on one’s hot buttons and personal anger dynamics.
- Know alter, avoid and, accept ways of responding to an anger-provoking situation.
- Understand the energy curve and how it can help in responding to someone else’s anger.
- Learn and practice de-escalation techniques.
- Gain an integrated view of anger management and how it can be best practiced.
About The Presenter
Dr. Carlos Todd, the founder of Conflict Coaching & Consulting, Inc. His passion is to equip couples, individuals and organizations with the skills and resources to effectively manage life’s conflicts. Dr. Todd is part of an elite group of individuals who can claim expertise in conflict management that has been tested by academic rigor. He completed doctoral studies in conflict management and has applied this training to address conflict in relationships as well as organizations. He has used this model to inform his ongoing work on couples conflict resolution. Dr. Todd is also a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) granted by the North Carolina Board of Licensed Professional Counselors in 2005 and is a Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC) granted by the National Board Certified Counselors 2002.
Prior to his doctoral pursuits, Dr. Todd earned a Bachelor of Science degree in behavioral sciences followed by a Master of Arts in Community Counseling. He entered the mental health field almost 20 years ago and has worked in various clinical and administrative capacities since that time.In his treatment of thousands of clients he noticed that anger,conflict and bullying was a common concern. Sensing the need for more specialized services in anger, conflict and bullying Dr. Todd has to this day been an avid researcher, writer and speaker promoting the cause of reduced aggression. Dr. Todd is the creator of the model on which all our programs are based. In addition to providing counseling Dr. Todd is a trainer and speaker for national and international events. Visit www.CarlosTodd.com for regular updates. Give me a call or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Years in Practice: 17 Years
- School: Capella University
- Year Graduated: 2010
- License and State: 5046 North Carolina